Monday, March 23, 2009

Bleach...

Normally it would be months before anyone heard from me again, but I felt compelled to blog about the past week or so. It all started 2 weekends ago when Brodie and I decided to have a spur of the moment St. Patrick's Day party. In the whirl wind of getting the house ready, I had noticed an awful smell in our bathroom. After further investigation I realized that Brayden had left us a surprise in the tub...a tird. Brodie and I quickly took care of the problem by bleaching the smell away. Still rushing around, and with the house finally clean, I placed the spray bleach on a shelf for only a moment so that I would remember to put it up when we left (which was about 5 minutes away). I turned the corner to the bathroom to brush my teeth, but I had a nagging feeling. I quickly came back into my room to find Brayden SOAKED in bleach ruining his clothes that we had just removed the tags from and licking his lips covered in bleach. My stomach sank, I screamed for Brodie, and images of frantic parents ripping their child's clothes off to throw him (literally) into the shower were all around. He stood in the shower crying as if we had locked him in shower jail. It was a very dramatic 5 minutes but lesson learned. Later that night our party was...well it worked, but we had so wished that more people would have come; so excited for those who did though. We had lots of green snacks, drinks, decorations, and outfits. In an effort to entertain our guests, Brodie recommended we all play spoons. I've never played before and decided it sounded like fun. I think it's now my second favorite game :). Here are some pics from the night:



Later the next day Brayden was not acting like himself. Early Monday morning we found out why. He had thrown up ALL over his bed in the middle of the night. He was very thorough as he didn't miss a spot, but how scary. After that weekend I couldn't be more grateful that he was still alive. I'm not sure how this kid is gonna make it to 18, but I'm doing my best to get him there. I will say this; one of my friends recently blogged about her love hate relationship with her daughter. I have to agree that I feel the same about Brayden. He's talking a lot more now which is super fun, but he's also screaming like a little girl when he gets frustrated and this I do not love. Our love/hate affair changes quite quickly, but all in all he's still stinkin' cute. Lastly we get to this weekend where I spent a lot of time (Brodie helped) finishing up the glider and ottoman. I bought a glider that had white fabric and honey colored wood...but not any more...



6 comments:

Sara said...

hey, I went to church and high school with brodie growing up. I played v-ball with jess in high school too. I don't think I've ever met you though. fun to see your blog. we're moving to houston in september. my mom's in the sugar land 2nd ward. well, just wanted to say hi. you can totally check out our family blog at www.the-ins-hyder.blogspot.com

sara (lambson) hyde

Jenn said...

Bleach? Scary! I hate when they get ahold of things like that. We have made far too many calls to the poison control center at our house! I can't believe how big your kids are getting! Super cute.

Mark and Lachelle said...

Two posts in the same month! I'm impressed! :) Those dang kids get into everything don't they? I'm glad that little Brayden is ok. And I can't believe you had never played Spoons before! I grew up on that. Except, usually in our family, someone ended up having to go to the hospital for broken fingers or something of that sort. Have I mentioned we're quite competitive?

Cristina said...

Man, stinks for Brayden...I'm pretty sure bleach must taste disgusting.

Christi said...

Thanks for the update. Loved it and glad Brayden is OKAY!!! I loved the birthday message on fbook about McDonalds too! Love and miss ya!

Janice H said...

Hey Jennika & Brodie: Janice and Rosss (aka Granice & Gross) miss you'all. We've had a wonderful summer in Wisconsin, but this week it's getting COLD. I'm ready to go back to Houston. Wish we could have been there for the green party. That's scary about the bleach. I remember my baby brother coming in the house all smiles with roach poison all over his mouth. He ended up in the hospital with a tube down his throat, but other than the drama, no harm done. Clint tried to drown twice and get hit by a car on his big wheels once, but I guess he had a guardian angel looking out for him. Here's our address if you ever want to visit the snow: 1716 Ashford Ln., Waunakee WI 53597.