Sunday, November 21, 2010

Halloween

Our Halloween started off with decorating...which turned out to be very eventful. Brodie was walking across these boards on the second story in order to get our Halloween lights up around our patio, when all of a sudden one of the boards broke loose from the frame of the house and he came crashing down onto the concrete. Amazingly the only thing that he hurt was his toe, along with a few bruises.

You can't tell from the picture, but his arm later became a solid color of purple. What you CAN see is the board that he fell off of, and where he fell from...crazy! He limped around for a few days, but that's nothing in comparison to what it could have been. The decorations ended up looking simple but cute. We sort of gave up decorating after that event, but here's what we managed to get up before that:



The boys decorated our back door/window this year, and it was fun to see them getting in the holiday spirit. I must admit though that not only did Brodie and I not dress up this year, but I BOUGHT the boys' costumes rather than make them. It felt very out of character but everyone was happy with the results. Brayden is obsessed with his Spider-Man costume and whether it's on or not he always seems to be in character, webbing everyone in sight.

He constantly asks for "Brayden's Spider-Man" and once it's on there's no turning back. It's currently hiding in a dresser drawer. Rylan's poor costume was delivered in the wrong size. When I went to get the correct size sent, they were out. So Rylan was Buzz Light Year getting ready for a flood (which is still a cute costume).

We decided to make the most out of Halloween this year and took the boys to a lot of things where they could dress up. They went to "The Brent Event" all dressed up, Chick-Fil-A, our local community activity, and trunk-or-treating at church. The Brent Event was for the most part was a 5krun/family walk that the community sponsored in order to help raise money for one of Brodie's friends that is surviving cancer. We participated in the family walk, danced to the live band, and ate lots of good food there.


Next was our community event where there were inflatables to jump on, costume contests, pumpkins to decorate, free food, trick or treating, and family photos.



Last was our church sponsored trunk-or-treat. We all had a lot of fun that night, except for the part where I was extremely pregnant and carried my 1 year old the entire time. My arm literally was tingling the rest of the night. The boys got lots of good candy though that Brodie and I continue to sample. All in all - a fun holiday!


1 comment:

RYAN and DANNI said...

Ok so I am very glad I finally got to see pictures of the boys in costumes. There's one picture of Rylan where he looks kinda drunk and it made me laugh. That sounds like one eventful Halloween.