Thursday, March 13, 2008

Who is Brodie...really!

So, I've been tagged. I must admit that I was tagged some time ago, but it wasn't until just now that I knew what that meant. So sit back, relax, and check out all the fun filled facts about my husband!



What is his full name? Mark "Brodie" Allen Simmons II

How long have you been married? 1 1/2 years

How long did you date? We dated for 9, and we were engaged for 5, so 14 months total.

What do you love most about him? Wow, where do I start. His sense of humor is probably my favorite. I love how he gets me. Going into psychology has forced him to understand the insane mentality of his wife. He's understanding, patient, and a GREAT dad. Let's be honest, Brayden isn't his son, he's his play mate. Brodie also has the cutest butt. If you mouth off to him, he'll even show it to you :)

What did you notice about him when you met? His ghettoness. I really can't resist him shirtless and in his XXL Rockets track pants. Once I saw that, I was hooked.

Who eats more sweets? Oh my gosh, he does. He is obsessed with chocolate. He's part girl when it comes to the stuff.

Who said "I love you" first? I think it was him. HOWEVER, (I can't let him live this down) he went through a stage, like every guy, where he freaked out about us being so serious. So, I told him I loved him, and he said "thanks." It was straight out of a Friends episode!

How old is he? 26

Who is taller? He definitely is!

Who is smarter? I'd say it depends. I'm smarter when it comes to accounting, and he's smarter when it comes to psychology. We both have our strong suits. Either way we both have, or almost have, degrees and he will be getting a Masters/PHD some day. So our family has been blessed with lots of knowledge.

Who can sing better? Neither of us is looking for a record deal any time soon, but if our lives depended on answering this one, I'd say me. Plus, he hates singing. I always have to nudge him in church to participate.

Who does the laundry? It depends, we both contribute to the process.

Who pays the bills? ME! I don't know if he knows that we have bills...I'm kidding, I think.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? If you are in it, then Brodie is on the right. We tried switching once. It was awkward.

Who mows the lawn? Brodie does for sure. It's a man thing. He's very proud of our mowed, edged, and ant free lawn.

Who cooks dinner? We take turns. We select a ton of recipes we like before we go grocery shopping. That way when it's time to cook dinner, you have choices already picked out and you know you have the ingredients.

Who drives? Mostly Brodie, but we both do. Well, if you consider "backseat driving."

Who is more stubborn? It's about the same. Let's just leave it at that.

Who kissed who first? Brodie kissed me. We were watching a moving, and once it had ended, we just sat there talking. The DVD evetually turned off, so all we had to see was a light from the hall. Someone randomly turned the light off, so we were talking in the dark. Out of no where he kissed me. It was unexpected because I literally didn't see it coming.

Who asked who out? He asked me out...after I "randomly" kept showing up around him. We hung out one night randomly and had a blast. He said he'd call the next day and HE DID. Although, he seems to forget to call me now that we're married.

Who has more siblings? He does. He has 1 older sister, and 2 younger brothers. I just have a younger sister.

Who wears the pants? Brodie doesn't really wear pants...so me I guess. HAHA, I'd say we're pretty even. I keep him in line, and he keeps me from going overboard on things. We're a good mix.

To my friends Lachelle, Marissa, and Noelle...TAG YOU'RE IT! (That means you have to do a blog entry like this, incase you're blog "special" like me).

2 comments:

Mrs. B said...

J-Lo, you're a blogging fool these days! I'll try to do this in the next few days. I like that you tagged me and Lachelle, by the way...so you can tell us about your Mark, Lachelle about her Mark and me about mine!

S-K-S said...

Yeah Jennika you did it. Your getting better :)