Sunday, September 21, 2008

Catchin' Up To Date

Ok Ok already. We get it. You miss the Simmons family and you would love to hear what they have been up to since EASTER. Here's a play by play on what you've missed out on in case we haven't heard from you in awhile.

MARCH - Grandma and Grandpa Taggart came to town to visit and take us to the Houston Rodeo. Yee hah! They had fun looking at exhibits and their cute grandson. As for Easter, we celebrated the first few hours in the hospital. Brayden got really sick with a fever. In a matter of hours it reached 105 so we rushed him to the hospital for an IV and full recovery.
APRIL - Brayden finally started walking around...no, no, running around the house. He's an all star to be sure. Grandma Thornton and Cousin Juanita came to visit just for a weekend of fun :)
MAY - Jennika had her 26th birthday with lots of surprises that included tickets to an Astros game. We also took a family trip over to Louisiana to visit family and eat an endless supply of good home cooked crawfish entrees.
JUNE - Brayden loves to swim so this month we made sure we took him to lots of pools. We also found out that morning sickness is a sign of being pregnant. Yep that's right. We're expecting baby number 2 in January.
JULY - Brodie flew out to LA to meet up with family and film Jessica's episode of Deal Or No Deal. At this point everything was kept a secret from anyone, so no one finds out what happens until September 1st. Brayden also had his 1 year birthday. We had so many friends and family come to celebrate with us. We finally decided to announce to everyone that we were expecting, so it was a good time all around. Because we just can't say no to cute abandoned puppies, we adopted a neglected pit-bull/boxer mix named Annie. She's super good with Brayden and a perfect addition to the family. Later in the month we got to go to Fredricksburg to visit Grandma and Grandpa Simmons up at the ranch. Then we headed on over to Austin to visit Uncle Ross, Aunt Jessica, Cousin Brooklyn, and Grandma & Grandpa Taggart. This of course was a good time.
AUGUST - We made it! That's right, we've survived 2 whole years of married bliss. We've enjoyed the good and the bad, and had fun watching our family grow along the way. A last minute trip to Utah was planned to surprise family for a reunion/wedding. We were so happy to introduce Brayden to some of them for the first time. Luke and Madison made an adorable couple as they were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple. We got to catch up with old friends, play some cards with family, and spend some time out at Temple Square. Good ol' Cotton turned the big 50 which was celebrated with lots of good food, friends, and a live band. We were lucky to have Grandma and Grandpa Thornton come to visit to help watch Brayden while Brodie started his senior year of college at U of H. He's almost done with his undergrad in psychology with a minor in philosophy.
SEPTEMBER - Jessica's Deal Or No Deal episode...went well. In case you missed it, she's a freakin' millionaire ya'll. That's right-she went all the way to become the first million dollar winner in the show's history. She's made lots of appearances on TV and had radio interviews to tell everyone about the adventure. We're so excited the Robsinsons will be moving down soon. So some of you may have heard of the little storm front called IKE. Incase you haven't, IKE is a basty hurricane that trashed much of Houston and neighboring cities. We are fine, but the fence wasn't so lucky. Repairs have started to be made, and power has finally been restored to the Simmons household. However, our prayers are still with those suffering the consequences of the punk IKE. We were smart enough to head out west and spend a 4 day weekend up at Ranch de Simmons in efforts to evacuate the mess. It was a lovely time full of cards, food, and sunshine. Thank goodness for rich grandparents :) LUCKILY the medical center got power up just in time for our ultrasound. Brodie's reaction was simply "that's a penis!" which was shortly confirmed by the nurse. So yes, hellion #2 is on the way. Our basketball team is turning out nicely.
OCTOBER - Not here yet!

So that's the summary of our summer. Stay tuned 'til next spring to find out what else we've been up to...SYKE! We are gonna try a whole lot harder to keep this blogging thing up and going. So check out our picks and thanks for checkin' in. Love ya'll!

7 comments:

Mark and Lachelle said...

I'm sure this comment will be the first of many, but I'm going to say it anyway..."Hooray!!! You updated your blog!!" Now that I have that out of the way, congrats on baby #2!!! Or as you refer to him, hellion #2. Yeah, I laughed when I read that! Good to hear that you guys are ok, after IKE's wrath! That was a nasty hurricane! Good to see you guys are alive and well! Keep the posting and the pictures coming!

Leslie said...

glad to hear you all made it through ike okay, and congrats on the baby!!

Christi said...

Like Lachelle said ... HOORAY! I am so happy to get an update from you. We definitely need to chat on the phone soon. I can't believe how busy I have been with school but I always have time for friends! I am glad you guys are okay and so happy to read your post! Hope to chat soon!

Christi

Mrs. B said...

It's about freakin time!! :)

The Nowels said...

It's about time woman!!! I can't believe your little guy is walking!!! and you have one on the way. You look great and I'm glad you survived the hurricane. Hope this pregnancy has been better than the last for you. Keep in touch.

Jess said...

I saw on facebook that you updated your blog, so I decided to check it out! Sounds like you had a good summer, and congrats on your expectant boy. Cole will be very jealous that you are not only having 2 boys, but that they will be so close in age!

Sarah said...

Goodness Jennika- that was a long wait. It's good to get an update from you! Looks like you've had a busy summer. I'm so glad you guys weren't too affected by the hurricane.

So I guess I'll check your blog in February for your next post? Or are you back for real? I hope so!

You guys are such a cute family! Love it.