A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it...
Sunday, October 12, 2008
The Latest Buzz
This weekend was full of more home improvement projects. It's really starting to feel like a home here. We hung up new curtain rods in our bedroom-which were more than needed, and worked on the even bigger task of finishing the nursery. Because it's not all the way done I didn't want to post any pics yet and spoil the unveiling. We painted, moved all the furniture and did lots of decorating in there, but there is still more to do. Can't wait to show you all next week. A less important event happened about 20 minutes ago and I'd like to share. We had just gotten home from a fabulous BBQ over at our friend's house. I was running into the house to use the bathroom, so I ran to the closest one. As I'm sitting there doing my thing I feel a weird movement on my head. Every other time in my life that this has happened it was a piece of hair that was falling from it's current place. However, because of the convenience of a powder room I was able to look stright into the mirror to assess the situation. All of a sudden I see a huge black bug that starts buzzing frantically in my hair. I scream bloody murder in hopes that someone (my husband) will run in to save the day. A random side note here is that when we arrived home the garage door was open, so Brodie had checked the house out before we were alloweed to enter. Perfect time for me to start screaming, right? So, he comes running in only to find a huge bee trapped in my hair. He quickly hits it out stunning it to the floor and wipes it up in a quick squish. He said I was really lucky not to have gotten stung. I felt bad for screaming, but it was instinct. I thought he was going to think someone was in the house, but he just told me he thought he would run in to find some tiny spider. I'm offended that he thinks I'd scream over a spider on the wall. Anyhoo, at least he knows now that screaming = run to my rescue :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
HaHa! I would totally have freaked too!
I tagged you! Check out my blog to find out the rules!
Oh my hell, I'm laughing so hard right now! I HATE bees! I run away and scream like a little girl every time a bee comes within 5 feet of me! I probably would have ran out of the bathroom screaming, with my pants around my ankles!
I laughed so hard reading this. You recreated the scence very well for us readers to imagine it! :)
LOL!! That is hilarious! I love it:)
Post a Comment